Make sure you don't forget anything if you develop a content part. Here's a high-level checklist you can run through so you don't forget anything:
- The part class itself
- Part record
- Migrations: for the record, and if the part should be attachable, also for the part
- Handler: with at least the necessary plumbing for the record
- Driver: needed even if you only intend to use your part from code (by "casting": contentItem.As<MyPart>())
- Display and Editor methods
- Don't forget to add a Prefix!
- Placement.info with Place elements for the display and editor shapes
- All the necessary shape templates (views)
Forgetting Placement.info is a common issue; don't waste your time!
Happy content part development!